Miss G Wade is our school SENDCo. If you would like to know more please contact us on the main school number - 01953 498302 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are offering a number of 'SENDCo Surgeries' this year. This is a chance to raise any concerns with Miss Wade. You can discuss possible learning needs, social emotional and mental health concerns, a progress review - or just say hello!
Thank you to all those who made appointments last academic year.
Our next 'SENDCo Surgery' will be held on Friday 6th October 2023, 9am-12pm. Please do contact the school before this date if you wish to speak to Miss. Wade. This could simply be for an informal 5 minute chat, or, a more in-depth meeting about any questions or queries regarding your child. You can do so by emailing/phoning the school office, speaking to your child's class teacher or speaking to Miss Wade on the playground on a Friday morning.
SEND support groups and events
Making Sense of SEND events give you the chance to:
- Visit information stands from a range of services
- Listen to a presentation on a specialist subject
- Ask questions
- Meet like-minded parents and carers
These free events are exclusively for parents and carers who have a child with SEND. They are coproduced with Family Voice Norfolk and Norfolk SENDIASS. At each event we aim to have between 15-20 information stands with local organisations that provide services for children and young people with SEND and their families.
Dates of the next events
- Tuesday 3 October 2023 (Kings Centre, Great Yarmouth)
- Wednesday 22 November 2023 (Wells Maltings, Wells-next-the-Sea)
- Wednesday 24 January 2024 (Swaffham Assembly Rooms)
- Tuesday 19 March 2024 (North Walsham Community Centre)
- Wednesday 15 May 2024 (Discovery Centre, King’s Lynn)
- Tuesday 9 July 2024 (Greenfields Community Centre, Norwich)
Please follow the link to find out more: Making Sense of SEND events - Norfolk County Council
Courses for parents and carers
Norfolk County Council offer free courses for parents and carers who would like some support. They are held online or in small face to face groups.
Please click the link below to find out more: SEND e-learning - Norfolk County Council